For refugees and migrants
Interpreting and language mediation
We offer free training formats for professionals and volunteers who work with mentally distressed or ill refugees (regardless of their residence status).
- Staff in communal accommodations and migration counseling centers
- Integration assistants and guides
- Staff in educational institutions and authorities
- Actors in regular psychiatric and psychotherapeutic services and other medical care facilities
Main topics that we cover:
- Strategies for dealing with mentally distressed or ill refugees
- Specifics of working with unaccompanied refugee minors
- Understanding of health and illness
- Fundamental knowledge of trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Intercultural aspects in psychotherapy
- Self-care when working with refugees
- Language and cultural mediation in the healthcare sector
- Language and cultural mediation in therapeutic settings for psychologists/therapists/interpreters
These are one-time events (lectures/consultations/workshops), but we can also provide process support according to your wishes and needs. Depending on the request, we consider training sessions of at least 3 hours as professionally meaningful. The training sessions are also available on-site, meaning we are happy to come to you. At least 5 participants should express interest in our offering.
If you are interested kindly send us a message: fortbildung(at)psz-sachsen-anhalt.de
The further training program is supported by the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Health and Gender Equality of the State of Saxony-Anhalt.